Photo Highlights from our Missionaries in Mexico
Greetings from Mexico City.
Thanks for your prayers for us during these past few weeks. Here are a few photo highlights:
For Your Prayers:
- Hurricanes Ingrid and Manuel did major damage across Mexico last month. Two thirds of the country experienced heavy rain, flooding and mudslides. The hardest hit area was the state of Guerreo. Over one hundred people have died in the landslides, tens of thousands have lost their homes, and major roads are washed out. Cleanup will take months and economic recovery could take years. Please pray for those who have lost so much and for relief organizations as they respond to the great needs.
- Please pray for Tom and Miguel Ortega, president of Covenant Communications of Mexico as they work together on several translation and publishing projects.
- Please continue to pray for the on-going planning of the "United against Human Trafficking" course to be held in Colombia next March.
- October 4 & 5 The coordinating committee of MAEM (Ministering to the Abused and Exploited in Mexico) will be meeting for a strategic planning retreat. Please pray for wisdom, clarity of thought, and focus as we work together to respond to the problems of abuse and exploitation in Mexico.
- October 12 The Central District North pastors and church leaders meet for a time of teaching and business. Tom will be presenting the fifth Covenant affirmation "We affirm a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit."
- October 17-20 The Dept of the Ordered Ministry is coordinating a Sabbath retreat for Spanish-speaking clergy. I will be at the retreat in Memphis to help with teaching and spiritual direction.
- October 23-25 I will be in Minneapolis to be trained as a qualified assessor for the
- Intercultural Development Inventory. This tool has been helpful for me personally. I look forward to being able to be an assessor for Spanish speakers who want to improve their intercultural skills.
We are grateful for your partnership in ministry. You are in our prayers.