Tom and Janice Kelly are long-term missionaries in Mexico City, Mexico. They're current "church home" is El Dorado Covenant Church. However, they have served in over twenty churches and church plants in the Central District of the Covenant of Mexico, as well as various churches in the South District. They minister to congregations through teaching, preaching, counseling, spiritual direction, mentoring and resource development.
The Kelly's have been in Mexico for several decades and are uniquely positioned to make a major impact for Christ through the Covenant mission efforts in the state. Please pray:
- For the country of Mexico and her government leaders, particularly during this continuing time of increased upheaval and violence.
- For the pastors and leaders of the Covenant churches in Mexico—for continued commitment to their personal spiritual growth, the ongoing Christian formation of their congregations, and a mission vision to extend Christ’s kingdom both near and
- For continued renewal, restoration and, where needed, reconciliation among the pastors and leaders of the churches of Mexico, so that there will be new vision and energy for cooperative ministry ventures.
- For the many people groups (the 40% of the general population who live in poverty, street children, South and Central American immigrants in transit through Mexico, abused women, sex slaves, etc.) who live in fear and hopelessness.
- That, in the midst of our ministry activities and daily responsibilities, we will stay grounded in Christ through regular times of Bible reading, meditation, prayer and other spiritual disciplines.
- For wisdom and understanding, to know how and when to intervene as mediators in conflict situations within local churches and between leaders at the district level.
- For the two of us “empty-nesters” when we miss our three young adult children (who currently reside in Chicago), and deal with our normal parental concerns for them.