HOPE Covenant Church is excited for a new Children's Pastor/Director (16-24 hours/week) to join the team, pour into and grow the dedicated team of leaders currently serving in our HOPE Kid's Ministry. HOPE Kids exists to help families and children learn to love God, love others, and follow Jesus TOGETHER. We do this through biblical teaching, unconditional love, and a Godly example.
HOPE Kid's Ministry cares for kids from birth-6th grade. Like the rest of our church, we aim to be a grace-centered environment where anyone can find and follow Jesus.
Currently the 9am service has a well-staffed team of volunteer leaders who are dedicated to teaching the foundations of the faith to kids in a safe, age-specific, and interactive environment. As the church continues to grow, we will be expanding HOPE Kids to both our 9am and 10:30am services.
Some of the primary responsibilities of the Children's Pastor/Director include:
- Minister to the spiritual needs of our children and the parents
- Shepherd and provide direction for HOPE Kid's Ministry
- Continue to develop a volunteer leadership team to provide leadership structure
- Recruit, train, and oversee volunteers for our Sunday morning Kid's Ministry
- Creatively schedule, recruit, and train for large events for our children and families throughout the year that provide opportunities for growth and outreach (e.g., Vacation Bible School, Family Events, Holiday Events, etc.)
- Expand our present ministry strategy to include opportunities to educate, support, and connect the parents of the children within this ministry area, as well as parents in our local community
We are looking for candidates who have a vibrant relationship with Jesus, who are a volunteer magnet, and have a vision to minister to the whole family (not just the kids).
We are also looking for someone who:
- Is a strong team member and team player
- Has a biblical philosophy of children's ministry and leadership, and can articulate it
- Has a proven track record of recruiting, training, and empowering lay leaders to accomplish ministry objectives
HOPE is a part of the Evangelical Covenant Church, the most diverse denomination in the world. We hold a high view of scripture and believe that scripture supports and affirms women in all ministry roles. We encourage women and BIPOC to apply. While we value ministry experience and savvy, we want to create space and opportunities for young leaders to grow and develop their gifts. We desire to be intentional about raising up young leaders, both as staff and as volunteers. While no church is perfect, we think this is a pretty good one to cultivate up and coming leaders.
Please send resumes to email@example.com to apply.