Is God's Will and Kingdom Actually Impacted By Our Prayers?
Topic: Lord's Prayer Verse: Matthew 6, Matthew 25:31–25:40
Apparently, according to Scripture and the teaching of Jesus, it’s really important to notice what touches the heart of our King:
- The King has a heart for those who are needy? Then I will.
- The King has a heart for the hurting? Then I will.
- The King cares about the oppressed and mistreated? Then I will.
- The King has a heart of grace and mercy to those who have blown it? God, do that in ME too!
- The King has a heart that wants to be a father to the fatherless? Then I will seek out those who have no father, and be a father to the fatherless. A mother to the motherless… Loving orphans and neglected people…
As followers of Jesus, we have been given a new identity and a new heart. We want to reflect God's heart. When we recognize what touches His heart, our response is:
I will orient my entire life around the reality and heart of the Kingdom of God.