Summer Together: The example of Philip
July 16, 2017 Series: Summer Together: Celebrating Community
Topic: Summer Together Verse: Acts 8:1–8:40
An ancient model of modern evangelism. The example of Philip
Samaritans - A brief history
- Guardian keepers of Torah
- Felt rejected by Jews
Who are the Samaritans of today?
- Who are the people we look down on?
- Those we don't invite?
- People separated by prejudice
Who was the Ethiopian?
- Jewish eunuch
- Accepted, believed and baptized by Philip
Philip - What can we learn from him?
- Not what we say, just willing to go
The message is the same, the method is different