CHILDREN’S DIRECTOR/PASTOR (25-30 Hours)
Hope Covenant Church is located in Chandler, Arizona. Our current staff is comprised of a Lead Pastor, and 5 part-time staff members: Worship Director, Student Ministries Pastor, an assistant in our Children’s Ministry, and two office staff.
We are looking for a Children’s Ministry Director/Pastor to join our staff team, with the responsibility of overseeing our Children’s Ministry and volunteers.
The Preferred Candidate:
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for Pastoral Leadership.
- Have experience working on a church staff, leading volunteers.
- Are self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet fully participating with our staff and leadership team.
- Are teachable, consistently growing as a leader and a follower.
- Have a degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry.
- Demonstrate a calling to Children’s Ministry (not seeing this area as a ‘stepping stone’ for future ministry roles).
- Value grace-based ministry focused on the unconditional love of God.
- Have experience with different curriculums (previous ministry leaders used Orange Curriculum, but we are open to a different discipleship pathway for our kids).
- Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Hope Covenant Church. (Hope Covenant is a part of the Evangelical Covenant Church. We value and encourage the full participation of both women and men in all areas of church leadership and roles, and we have female elders on our leadership team.)
This position will begin at 25-30 hours a week, with the potential of moving to full-time as the church continues to grow. There is also potential for qualified candidates to pursue seminary training at a highly subsidized cost.
Please send resumes to:
Hope Covenant Church, 1770 S. Dobson Road, Chandler, AZ 85286,or email to email@example.com
HOPE is a place where
Imperfect People Belong;
Lives Change, &