HOMETOWN: Born and raised in the USAF, so mostly all over. Closest thing to a hometown is Clover, South Carolina. Lived the longest in Colorado.
SPOUSE NAME: Sara
CHILDREN: Isaac, Rachel, Eli, Moriah
SERVING AS: Associate Pastor
RESPONSIBILITIES: pastoral care, operations, teaching, small groups, discipleship and spiritual formation
PASSIONS: spiritual formation, authenticity in worship and community, emotionally healthy spirituality, gratitude!
PHILOSOPHY OF MINISTRY & LIFE: It's all grace... all the good we've ever done is laid at the feet of Jesus, because it's all His.
EDUCATION: Hope College, Thomas Edison State University
- "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven." — Matthew 5:3
- "Above all else, guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life." — Proverbs 4:23
- "Come with Me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." — Mark 6:30b
- “Joy and sorrow are this ocean
And in their every ebb and flow
Now the Lord a door has opened
That all Hell could never close
Here I'm tested and made worthy
Tossed about but lifted up
In the reckless raging fury
That they call the love of God” — Rich Mullins
- “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” — Anne Lamott
- “Sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself. It is as if they are showing you the way.” — Donald Miller
MUSIC: Hillsong, Steffany Gretzinger, Audrey Assad, Rich Mullins, Susan Ashton, Gregory Alan Isakov, Iron & Wine, Patty Griffin
MOVIES: LOTR/Hobbit trilogies, Interstellar, Forrest Gump, Notting Hill, Last of the Mohicans, Silence, True Grit (2010), The Matrix
FOOD: sushi, Mexican, cheeseburgers, Texas barbecue, cheese grits & eggs
OTHER QUIRKYNESSES: Hmm...
- I am constantly fidgety.
- Weirdly particular about thorough/accurate communication.
- Driving on road trips, I crunch through entire bags of Lifesaver Pep-O-Mints to stay awake.
- Fascinated by weather/climate/geography
- Love, love, love being on a trail!