When: June 26, 2016 (Sunday)
Time: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Venue: Hope Covenant Church - 1770 S. Dobson Rd, Chandler AZ 85286 (Look for the American Red Cross bus at Hope Covenant Church parking lot)
Schedule your appointment at http://www.redcrossblood.org/account-login
Donor Login: Create a new profile or enter your username and password and then enter the sponsor code: HopeCC
Three key things for donors to bring/ do:
- Bring a photo ID
- Eat a healthy meal prior to donation
- Drink extra water prior to donation
For more information, contact the American Red Cross at 1-800-RED-CROSS
For donor eligibility questions, call 1-866-236-3276.
Facts about blood needs:
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- More than 38,000 blood donations are needed every day.
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is Type O.
- The blood used in an emergency is already on the shelves before the event occurs.
- More than 1 million new people are diagnosed with cancer each year. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment.
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental permission in some states), meet height and weight requirements (at least 110 pounds based on height) and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. Donors must not have given whole blood in the past 56 days or a double red cell donation in the last 112 days. You may not give blood if you have received a Red Cross notification asking you not to do so. Donors must provide ID prior to donating.